Gibson County TN Message Board
- All the messages are viewable, rather than separate boards for Queries, Obits, Bios, etc. You may search this board, all boards, or use the Advanced Search
feature. With the Advanced Search, you have even more options, including a drop-down menu for Message Type (Obits, Bios, Marriages, Births, Deeds, and many other choices).
- E-mail addresses on earlier messages will not be visible. This is to foil the spam spiders that harvest e-mail addresses. To read the e-mail address
of a poster, choose "Print Message". The message will not be printed, only formatted for printing and the email address of the contributor is visible.
- Save Message Board in Favorites and Notifications. You now have the option to add Message Boards of particular interest to Favorites, so you
can find them again easily, or Notifications, so that you will be notified via e-mail when a new message is posted.
- Find Admin Info. Clicking on that option brings up a screen with a link back to the Gibson Co. TN
site, and my contact info.
- Edit and delete. In the past, I could delete inappropriate posts or edit for clarity. With the new system, I can only delete or report to the Staff
- Posting messages requires registration and log-in. You may search and read messages, but when you try to post, you will be required to register, unless you
are already registered at Ancestry. Some may object to this, but I find registration on web sites becoming more and more common.
- Posting messages allows more options. You'll find a drop-down menu for selecting the message type (obit, bio, deed, etc.)
- All messages are gatewayed to the Gibson County Mailing List.
- Further help is available through Rootsweb's Help Desk at
- Read the instructions for posting.
- Do not post queries about people who may still be alive. If yours is a search related to adoption issues, go to Cindi's
list on Adoptions.
- Be sure that the message reflects the ancestor's living in Gibson County. Those that do not will be removed without notice.
- List only the surnames relevant to the county in the surname box.
very frustrating to get a hit on a surname that is not being researched in that county.
Click below to enter the Message Board
Gibson Co. TN Message Board
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CONTRIBUTING!