Submitted by Adam D. McCartney
STATE OF TENNESSEE
Bureau of Vital Statistics
CERTIFICATE OF DEATH
File No. 61, Registered No. 101
1. Place of Death: Gibson County, Civil District 22, Idlewild
2. Full Name: Clifton McCardney
3. Sex: Male
4. Color or Race: White
5. Marital Status: Single
6. Date of Birth: 6-10-19__
7. Age: 8 years, 2 days (note: months was accidentally left blank)
8. Occupation: School Boy
9. Birthplace: 22 Dist.
10. Name of Father: R. B. McCardney
11. Birthplace of Father: Tenn.
12. Name of Mother: Georgie Knott
13. Birthplace of Mother: Tenn.
14. Informant: (Left blank)
15. Filed: 3/6/1916 by M. C. Boone, Registrar
16. Date of Death: 2-12-1916
17. I HEREBY CERTIFY, That I attended deceased from 2/12/1916 to 2/12/1916 and that I last saw him alive on 2/12/1916, and that death occurred on the date stated above at (left blank). The CAUSE OF DEATH was as follows: Acute Nephritis. Signed, Dr. Walker, M.D.
18. Length of Residence: (Left blank)
19. Place of burial: (left blank, known to be Shiloh Cemetery near Bradford)
20. Undertaker: M & O (Which would be Meadows and Overton
(Note: Clifton’s last name was misspelled as McCardney instead of McCartney throughout death certificate. He was the only surviving son of R.B. McCartney’s first marriage to Georgia Knott. Shortly after Georgia’s death at age 23, her infant son Sidney died. Clifton lived long enough to see his father remarry to Dottye Williams Branson, a widow. In his life, he did see a new little brother, Hollis Paul McCartney, born in 1915.)